General managers manage an Arby’s restaurant toward the attainment of agreed upon sales and profit goals, working within the framework of company values and policies. Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 50 hours per week (RGM may be required to work additional days or hours based on the company’s need).
- Grow Year over Year sales by providing outstanding product and customer service.
- Use the Labor Scheduling Tool to develop and manage an effective work schedule each week and post it by 5 PM on Thursday.
- Work Quarterback position lunch, dinner and weekends, monitoring quality of food and hitting appropriate service times.
- Insure restaurant is 100% staffed with quality Team Members and all MRG Core Training Programs are being implemented and adhered to.
- Inspire unit Team Members using MRG’s Core Values.
- Review the performance of all Team Members, Shift Managers and Assistant Managers as required by MRG.
- Execute the operations checklists and work station charts daily to insure a clean, organized restaurant, prepared to deliver quality food, fast and friendly.
- Purchase food, beverages and supplies as needed and oversee their preparation to insure that every product served meets our high standards of product quality.
- Operate in accordance with established performance, profits and operating standards as set out in the OSM.
- Supervise and motivate Team Members, Shift Managers, Assistant Managers and Managers to perform to their highest possible level of ability.
- Have a good working knowledge of all equipment, and assume responsibility for preventive maintenance of a restaurant.
- Maintain high standards of service throughout the operational day by demonstrating management by example.
- Utilize all management tools to keep neat, accurate and current records providing the historical data to plan for increased sales and profits.
- Insure all marketing plans are executed on time and accurately to build repeat customer visits.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing approved Local Store Marketing ideas.
- Review income statements and progress toward goals with the Area Director each period. Take action to solve problems as necessary.
- Communicate openly and honestly with subordinates, superiors and all others about plans, progress and problems. Make sure that “Back of House Information Boards” are updated at all times.
- Continually help develop Shift Managers and Assistant Managers in the operation of an Arby’s restaurant and prepare them for General Manager responsibilities.
- Provide leadership by engendering excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment toward Company objectives.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Available for all shifts necessary for the position
- Provide excellent guest service at all times
Education / Experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- 2-3 Years Assistant Manager Experience or at least 1 year of Restaurant GM experience
- Successful completion of MIT Training Programs
- At least 21 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Successful Background Check